Friday, November 20, 2009

Broccoli Cheese Soup


I made a new recipe last night. It turned out amazing! My kids actually asked for seconds. In my world, that is a miracle. I will definitely be making this again. I got the recipe from Allrecipes, but changed it so much that I thought I would just post it here. It should make about 6 servings. I think next time I make this, I will double it and freeze the leftovers in zip lock bags for a quick meal.

8 Tblspns Butter
1 Medium Onion chopped
1 Carrot shredded
3 Cups Chicken Broth
6 Cups Chopped Broccoli (including the stem)
1 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 1/2 Cups Milk
Salt and Pepper to taste


Directions: Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a medium sized
stock pot, and saute onion and shredded carrot until the onion is
translucent.

Chop the broccoli into small cubes. (You can also substitute frozen chopped
broccoli). Add broccoli and broth to pot and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes,
until tender.

Spoon out most of the chunks and puree it in a blender or you can also use
an immersion blender. Put puree back into pot and mix. Add milk, cheese, parm.
cheese, 4 tablespoons butter, and salt and pepper.


So there you go. I wish I had taken pictures of this one, I'm going to try to add step by step pics next time. Oh, and you can suck it Panera Bread, this soup tastes way better than your bagged gloop!

0 Comments:

 

This Template is Brought to you by : AllBlogTools.com blogger templates