Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sometimes I Need What Only You Can Provide: Your Absence.



Ahhhh, what a day! It was mahhvelous dahhling. Yes, I feel like a Queen. Why? Well, today at about 1PM I was able to drop the heathens off at Mother's, and they are still there!! I. am. Spoilt. For now, at least. So after I dropped my pack of animals off at the zoo, I commenced to have my girl date with Sarah. Soooo much fun ensued. We went to Ruby Tuesdays for lunch and got blasted off of $5 drinks. That is right, you read it correct, it was the cherry and whipped cream on top of the cake for me. I got the Long Island Iced Tea, it went straight to my head. Did I mention I haven't had a sip of alcohol since getting totally wrecked at my family reunion back in August? :/ Sarah got a Peach Martini which was good, but then she got "The Relaxer" and it was fucking delicious. Anyhoo...after a great lunch, we headed off to the mall. I didn't have to use my navigational skills to find the hidden elevators. No, I finally got to use the escalator with no hassle. A concept long forgotten. We checked out the Gap, which was ever dissapointing. WTF happened to that store? Did it get taken over by Kurt Cobain's ghost? We spent about 32 seconds in there. Then we decided our drunk decadance was not enough and headed to Kohr Bros. for some fruit. Not. We got Reeses and Snickers McFlurry type thingys. So fattening..so good. Not really the best combo with mini-burgers and LIIT (Ha! No wonder they are called Long Island Iced Teas! The abbreviation says it all!). Did I mention I had no children with me? We ended up having 4 amazing hours of shopping bliss. Sarah picked up a Snuggie for her future mother-in-law, and a cute Betsey Johnson bracelet for her future sister-in-law. I picked up an awesome & cheap Thomas the Train set for Jake and the hot wheels wall caddy that Rocco claims to literally dream about having. Ah, my son so takes after me. He dreams about organizing his toys.



Then, I headed back to Mother's to hang with the kiddies and to find a big box of Church's Chicken and a meat lover's pizza. Wow, today probably wasn't so awesome for my figure. Woops....well I don't get many days to slob out like that so I'm gonna let it go. Mother asked if the kids could sleep over, and this time I just couldn't resist. I probably should have taken them home, I still get little guilt pangs for leaving them there. But then I think, they have their Uncle Sam and Xbox so they are completely happy. Let them have it. And in the process I get a little slice too. :)

0 Comments:

 

This Template is Brought to you by : AllBlogTools.com blogger templates